My Style Exercise

The First Short Story of My Life: 'Passengers'

2009. január 18., vasárnap

Chillax (as Dóri would say it)

Hello My Little Reader,

I haven't seen you for ages! How do you do? (I read another version for this question; it's a more informal one, and I think it's quite nice.) 'What's cookin', My Dear?' 8-)

Fortunately, I have already finished all of my exams. The last one was on the 6th of January: That was the oral exam from 'Introduction to Literary and Cultural Studies'. I had to talk about the issues of the literary canon. It was a very good topic, and I read a lot about it, because I was interested in it, so I had a good conversation with my teacher, and I managed to answer his questions. That was my first oral exam in the University, and it's a very hopeful beginning.

Now, I have plenty of time, and I also have the fantastic opportunity to do NOTHING. OK, in fact I do several things: I spend most of my time with my 'Fellow' -his Family- and my Friends, I fulfil my creativity by painting and decorating objects with napkins, play my synthetizer, write, read what I want, take trips, and the list is neverending... I try to make the best use of my time, enjoy my Life, and it has a great effect: I'm as happy as a human being can be. I feel fantastic, sometimes I can even fly without wings, and I'm still The Luckiest Person In The Whole World. ;-) (I'm very proud of this 'title'.)

I even had time to take some photos too, while I was walking on the coast of Lake Balaton. Many of my groupmates asked me questions about the frozen Lake. Most of them have never seen Lake Balaton at December, and I would like to show them what it looks like. That's why you can find pictures of it in the slideshow. (There are two of a fountain in Jókai-Park as well. )

Once, I made a promise to myself and to my Friends, who can't speak English: I'll translate my first short story, the 'Passengers' for them. Now, I'll begin this project, in order to finish it within one week. It's a very rewarding task. If you would like to read the English version, you can easily do it: Just 'click' on the pdf. above, and download it.

It was an extraordinary post from me: nothing 'philosophica', just my everyday life. 8-) It seems, that I have a 'holiday' from this aspect too.

Have a Nice Day and Relax if you can!

All the Best,

Dóry 8-D, the Happiest Person In The World

2 megjegyzés:

ĐǿЯą írta...

It's pretty good to hear that you're enjoying the remaining time till the next semester. It's so weird to me that you can remain this powerful and energetic even in this kind of weather. Your attitude (and the eternal sunshine in your soul - as you said it one time) always fills me up :)
And I feel honored that I've been given the opportuniy to know 'The Luckiest Person In The Whole World' :-P:)
Have a great week!

Dóry8-))) írta...

Thank Your Very Much for Everything, Dóri! ;-)

I'll 'correct' you: I feel honored, that you're my Reader! ;-)

Have a Fantastic First Week in the New Semester!

Dóry