My Style Exercise

The First Short Story of My Life: 'Passengers'

2008. október 13., hétfő

A Book Review . In The Middle Of The Night

Good Evening My Friend,

It's a bit late now, I know, but I would like to share with you one of my special experiences. ;-)
I really like reading and I prefer to read crime stories but not the ordinary type. My favourite are those novels which have a historical person in the leading role. The Interpretation of Murder by Jed Rubenfeld is one of my favourite books and it's a good example for this special topic.

The two protagonists of the novel are Sigmund Freud, the well known psychoanalyst and Dr. Stratham Younger (another psychoanalyst). In the course of the story we can get to know their 'colleagues' for instance Sándor Ferenczi (YES! He's a real Hungarian! 8-) ) and Carl Jung. They meet each other in New York City, and during their stay a woman is killed and another is assaulted. The survivor woman have amnesia and the psychoanalysts help her to remember her attacker.

The scenes, the surrounding, the persons are real, only the plot is fiction. There's another real fact (and that's the base of the novel): Sigmund Freud really had been to New York City and after he arrived home he had the impression that the Americans are all lunatic. But why did he think that? The novel could be an answer to this question. 8-)

If you like crime stories and protagonists who are known from history, then you must read this book! 8-)

Sleep Well! 8-D
Dóry (...who is really sleepy... 8-) )

1 megjegyzés:

Unknown írta...

Tell us, what is so special about whodunits like this? I used to love Agatha Christie -- read most of her crime novels, in English and Hungarian.