My Style Exercise

The First Short Story of My Life: 'Passengers'

2008. november 4., kedd

My Favourite Moment

Hello My Dear,

I hope you had a good day. ;-)
Unfortunately, we haven’t seen each other for a long time. I had too much to do, but I never forget about You!

Today I gave a presentation and took two tests: a Midterm Test (’MT’ or ’ZH’ which you prefer… ;-) ) in the Reading & Writing lesson, and a shorter one in the linguistics lecture (the Hungarian one). This was a bit exhausting for me, so I deserved a bit relaxation.

’Relaxation’ means a lot of things for me: for instance today I just listened to Music and did nothing. For the external spectator it seemed like that I don’t do anything, but I was thinking of good things in my Life. (I like doing it, really because it makes me happy.) …and then something really good came into my mind: Christmas.

The sense of peace and happiness stole over me and several ideas flashed into my mind. Naturally, I will give presents for my loved ones for Christmas; it’s a great chance to show them my feelings. I express them every day, if there's an opportunity, but Christmas is a very special occasion from this aspect.

Sometimes Life can give us beautiful presents such as memorable Moments, deep Feelings, and all the things that can make the Sense of our Life. (Yes, it comes from Life itself.) Some days before Christmas I had a very special Moment, which I would like to share with you.

Years ago I walked alone in the streets of Siófok, in the centre of this little town. (Sometimes it’s good to be alone, observing and feeling the World around you.) We had a ’real’ winter that year with gently chilly weather, and an extraordinary smell wove in the air: the ’Christmas is near’-smell made of orange, cinnamon, freshly baked Christmas rollcake and Love. Wonderful…

In the illuminated streets I could see happy, smiling people walking together with their children, relatives, Friends and enjoying the wonderful winter holiday. I was wearing my favourite, long cloth coat with my red scarf, and feeling good, really good. I couldn’t wish for anything more. As my footprints impressed the fresh, sugar-white snow, it crunched under my feet. While I was looking at the beautifully illuminated Water Tower I felt very happy, simply Happy that I’m alive and I can Live in this homelike Moment. That was one of my favourite presents which I got from the World for Christmas.

I’ve already started to prepare for Christmas. And you? 8-)

I hope you’ll have a great evening!
Have a Fantastic Time!

Dóry, who’s looking forward to Christmas 8-)

7 megjegyzés:

ĐǿЯą írta...

Oh, wow! It feels like I was there! Deep thoughts and it was really amazing to read it. Life is great ;) And even if we don't always see that, it's worth living for these kind of little but more precious things.

Dóry8-))) írta...

Thanks for your comment, Dóri. I'm so happy that you 'caught the feeling'. 8-)
When the 'Reader' knows what you're talking about in your writings... Or when a person standing in front of a painting sees the meaning behind your picture...
That's the meaning of Creating. 8-)

Thank you very much! ;-)

Nóry írta...

It was really nice to read your article! Siófok must be beautiful at Christmas time and I feel the same about Kaposvár. Kossuth square came to my mind with the huge Christmas tree in the middle and the smell of cakes and mulled wine. Most beautiful time of the year:)

Névtelen írta...

Your writing brought on 'my special Christmas feeling'. Reading it was a feeling of ease.

Andika írta...

Cool, cool cool... Hopefully we will have a "real " winter this year. :)

Névtelen írta...

Very nice link of thoughts, but I liked Siófok during winter the most:) My family and I spent their holyday here in every summer for 14 years...Still we visit Siófok annually, and my friend Krisztián invites me and our circle of friends to Balatonfenyves every year.We always visit Siófok as well once we are here.The point is that I can't imagine Siófok during winter:)

Dóry8-))) írta...

You should visit Siófok during winter as well. 8-) It's the most 'attractive' when Lake Balaton is iced over. ;-) (But it happens rarely. :-( )

I hope that there'll be a beautiful winter with many snow... 8-)